The Simrad MARIS ECDIS900 MK5A
IMO-type approved navigation system, designed for use aboard SOLAS vessels subject to ECDIS carriage mandates such as merchant cargo ships and tankers. Easy to use with a standard Windows PC interface, the ECDIS900 delivers precise navigation with comprehensive route planning and optimisation tools, integrated chart management and ordering, radar overlay, and optional highly customisable conning display.
Simrad_COMS_ECDIS900_MK5A - Alewijnse
(pdf, 1 MB)
- Type approved ECDIS navigation system to meet IMO standards.
- Powerful Windows based PC with 24 or 27” wide screens
- Easy to use navigation tool built by navigators for navigators
- Support ENC (Primar, IC-ENC), AVCS, ARCS (UKHO) and AIO overlay.
- S52 and INT1 chart presentation
- Integrated online electronic chart ordering / updating services
- Radar overlay
- Dual or triple ECDIS900 architecture enabling Paperless navigation
- Worlwide Support
- Full range of training facilities (Approved CBT, Train the trainer program, numerous training schools, on line WEB training )
- Designed to comply with additional regulations set by Flag States, Port State Control and Vetting (OCIMF, SIRE)
- Integrated chart management via email or Internet:,MBA, MASTER Bridge Assistant, MCP, Maris Customer Portal
- Universal Radar overlay
- Multiples layers display: paper T&P, Navtex, weather forecasts, Total Tide, user defined objects.
- Additional Route Planning functions: Navigation editor, parallel index, SAR, Voyage Plan with UKC calculation, linking route and objects/alarms
- Precise navigation tools: Predictor, Docking mode, Active Leg panel
- Multiples add-on functions: Route optimization, Dead man alarm, BNWAS interface, approved TCS, Conning Display
- Customized modules for Seismic vessels and for Pilots
- Proven: 2500+ ships sail with ECDIS900
- Easy to use: Standard Windows interface
- Multi functions workstation running ECDIS, MBA, Navtex server, ADP, Conning Display.
- Interfaced with most of the navigation equipments: Radar, BNWAS, Navtex, AIS, Auto pilot, Central Alarm system.
- Universal Radar Overlay
- Multiple add on functions to address the vetting inspector requirements for Paperless navigation: Advanced planning tools with navigation editors, extended logbook with -graphical replay.
- Integrated chart services making the use of electronic charts very simple
- Electronic charts costs control thanks to MCP, Maris Customer Portal, a WEB tool for the ship owner
- Full range of Training facilities
- Compliant with additional regulations set by Flag States, Port State Control and Vetting (OCIMF, SIRE
System is compliant with IMO Resolution A.694(17), MSC.191(79), MSC.232(82), MSXC.302(87), and SN.1/Circ.266 to include IHO Presentation Library Version 4.0 and IEC 61174 Edition 4 (2015-08); including Annex G (Certification of the Raster Chart Display System (RCDS)).