130 years of pioneering and innovation
It is 130 years ago that Cornelis Alewijnse, together with the Roothaan brothers, founded the 'factory to manufacture electric light bulbs' at Berg en Dalseweg in Nijmegen on January 1, 1889. However, the factory closed in 1899. It was then that the entrepreneur was awakened in Cornelis Alewijnse and in 1900 he established an installation company at Waalkade in Nijmegen. Twenty years later, his three sons joined the company. After Cornelis died in 1938, two of his sons started running the company. In 1980, the holding and the electrical engineering company moved to Energieweg in Nijmegen. In 1992, Cees Alewijnse retired, and sons Dick and Michiel took over the reins. Until mid-2018, Dick Alewijnse was the fourth generation owner of the company. In October of that same year, the company was taken over by Strong Root Capital and Commonwealth Investments.