For the Vitens pumping station in Bilthoven, Alewijnse performed the electrical engineering, instrumentation and full process automation, including SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition systems), from the design right up to the operational delivery. The aims of the project were to modernise the technical installation in accordance with current standards and restore the water quality by installing deeper wells. The production site was completely renovated and expanded with a roof-top-bridge, treated-water reservoir and backwashing water processing. In addition, the entire technical system was replaced, including the electrical engineering and control system. The project started in August 2012 and was completed in October 2013.
- Coordinating and supervising the work to reconnect the transformer to the low voltage side and providing telecommunication links.
- Coordinating and supervising the excavation work to lay the underground cables.
- Selecting, purchasing and delivering (including arranging deliveries), installing, connecting and configuring and/or adjusting and synchronising the construction materials to be used, based on the equipment list and Vitens’ E-plan typicals.
- Creating all the detailed drawings on the basis of the delivered typicals and prescribed construction materials.
- Performing the required calculations on the basis of the construction materials and installation methods being used.
- Installing a lighting system.
- Realising the temporary adjustments/measures required to install the new installation parts and support the machine engineering and engineering activities.
- Attending construction meetings, progress meetings and coordination discussions.
- Receiving, installing, connecting and configuring and/or adjusting, synchronising the construction materials supplied by the client.
- Performing civil engineering tasks (lead-throughs for cables and instrumentation through walls and floors, excavation activities, etc).
- Inspection and acceptance.
- Testing and commissioning.
- Creating as-built drawings.