What will you do as a Service Software Engineer?
A glimpse of your tasks:
- You design and realise the control software in various PLC systems aimed at the Maritime sector.
- You program the SCADA package where necessary.
- You consult directly with the client and give advice on the control solutions.
- You will be partly responsible for handling service and malfunctions of the systems supplied by Alewijnse, such as AMCS and PMS control systems for Dredgers, Offshore & Yachts.
- You consult internally with the Project Manager, Service Coordinator, fellow Software Engineers, Teamlead SW engineering and/or solution manager.
- You consult internally with the Lead Engineer, Project Leader and/or Commissioning Engineer.
- You are involved in testing the application both at the office and on location and ultimately setting up the software on location.
- You identify additional work and less work and independently take on small projects.
Who are you?
- You have completed a HBO education in electrical engineering, industrial automation or software engineering.
- You have knowledge of and experience with PLC systems, preferably Siemens S7
- You have knowledge of and experience with SCADA systems, preferably Cimplicity.
- You have at least three years of working experience as a software engineer
- You have good communication skills, both in Dutch and in English.
- You are prepared to travel regularly for commissioning at (foreign) locations. Occasionally you will travel to perform tests or upgrades.
- You are in possession of a driving licence B.
Where will you be working?
Alewijnse provides automation solutions for Super Yachts, Dredging & Offshore and Naval & Governmental vessels. These include alarm, monitoring systems (AMCS) and power management systems (PMS) for equipment on board of vessels.
Alewijnse is an innovative and passionate company. We aim to get a little better every day. With over 130 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge in our midst. We are committed to continuously providing the best solutions for our company, our colleagues and our customers. That makes us a strong technological partner for customers and a committed employer for you.
As Software Engineer you will be dealing with, e.g., the following market segments:
- Super yachts;
- Dredging & Offshore;
- Naval & Governmental.
Would you like to know more about working at Alewijnse? Read the stories of your future colleagues here.
What to expect from us?
Due to the growth of our organisation, there are both horizontal and vertical career opportunities within Alewijnse. We encourage colleagues to continue to develop, so we can grow together. We do this in an inspiring, dynamic and pleasant environment with many impressive projects. Collaboration and respect for each other's input are crucial at Alewijnse. You are given all the space you need for your input, so that you can contribute to the best team performance.
We believe that a good balance between working and relaxing, for example, is very important. That is why you get 25 days of personal leave, in case of full-time employment. These are supplemented with no less than 13 ADV days. In addition, we have a lively staff association that regularly organises activities.
Would you like to come on board with us? Send us your resume and a short motivation via the application form and who knows, we might meet soon!