What will you be doing as Medior Hardware Engineer?
You make independent hardware designs for complete installations such as electrical installations, nautical and communication systems, maritime automation and propulsion systems.
You make the designs for the power supply including the short-circuit current, cable and selectivity calculations, often based on the specifications or regulations of the customer. You will discuss the design with the external customer but also with the internal customer.
You look at and implement optimization possibilities of the installation (economic, qualitative). You determine the materials and components based on the material lists/preference lists. You analyze the data and convert them into working drawings, specifications and designs.
A glimpse of your tasks:
- Delivering a technical package to the internal and external customer and class bureaus.
- Advise on the right choice of material
Who are you?
You are a driven Hardware Engineer and have at least 3 years of experience working in a similar position.
- Do you have at least a completed mbo4 education in electrical or energy engineering;
- Experience in the maritime industry is an advantage;
- You communicate effectively at all levels in the client organization, you make a representative impression and you easily win the trust of the customer;
- Can work independently as well as in a team with other disciplines;
- You take initiative and have the drive to want to develop yourself;
- Do you have good communication skills in English and Dutch, speaking Frisian is a plus.
Where will you be working?
Alewijnse is an innovative and passionate company. We aim to get a little better every day. With over 130 years of experience, we have a wealth of knowledge in our midst. We are committed to continuously providing the best solutions for our company, our colleagues and our customers. That makes us a strong technological partner for customers and a committed employer for you.
As a Medior Hardware Engineer you will be dealing with the following market segments:
- Luxury yachts, worldwide new builds and refits from 40 meters and above
- Dredging, Offshore & Transport
- Naval & Governmental
Would you like to know more about working at Alewijnse? Read the stories of your future colleagues here.
What to expect from us?
Due to the growth of our organization, there are both horizontal and vertical career opportunities within Alewijnse. We encourage colleagues to continue to develop, so we can grow together. We do this in an inspiring, dynamic and pleasant environment with many impressive projects. Collaboration and respect for each other's input are crucial at Alewijnse. You are given all the space you need for your input, so that you can contribute to the best team performance.
We believe that a good balance between working and relaxing, for example, is very important. That is why you get 25 days of personal leave, in case of full-time employment. These are supplemented with no less than 13 ADV days. In addition, we have a lively staff association that regularly organizes activities.
Would you like to come on board with us? Send us your resume and a short motivation via the application form and who knows, we might meet soon!